American University, Washington College of Law , JD, 2016, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
Humboldt State University, BA, 2007, Outstanding Student Award
Jed D’Abravanel’s practice is focused in California with an emphasis on affordable housing finance, real estate, HUD regulatory, and nonprofit law. He has experience representing developers in transactions utilizing various HUD programs and the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) Program, as well as state and local funding sources. He regularly provides advice on regulatory issues relating to HUD’s Section 8 project-based rental assistance (PBRA), project-based voucher (PBV), and housing choice voucher (HCV) programs.
Prior to joining Klein Hornig, Jed was an associate at a leading California affordable housing law firm where he represented non-profit developers across the state with the acquisition, financing and syndication of complex real estate projects with varied funding sources.
Jed earned his J.D. from American University Washington College of Law. While there he was a student attorney with the Community & Economic Development Law Clinic, interned for the Honorable Judge Gerald Bruce Lee of the Eastern District of Virginia, and was Senior Articles Editor of the American University Journal of Gender, Social Policy and the Law. Prior to law school, he spent five years with the Peace Corps in D.C. and Morocco.
- District of Columbia
- Klein Hornig LLP HUD Housing Alert, "New HUD Notice Announces Funding for Tenant Protection Vouchers for "At-Risk Households" in "Low Vacancy Areas""- February 2018
- Klein Hornig LLP HUD Housing Alert, HUD Takes New Step to Facilitate Transfers of Section 8 PBRA between Projects - June 2017
- American Bar Association, Member
- ABA Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development, Member
- Non-Profit Housing Association of Northern California, Member
- Presenter, “Into Section 8: Unpacking the Acronyms – PBRA, PBV, HCV and the Role of RAD,” Emerging Leaders Peer Network (ELPN), Non-Profit Housing Association of Northern California (NPH) – November 2019
- Presenter, “Introductory Training on Section 8 Programs – PBRA, PBV, TPV and HCV,” Housing Association of Nonprofit Developers (HAND) – April 2017