Emory University School of Law, JD, 2018
Hampton University, Scripps Howard School of Journalism and Communications, BA, 2014, summa cum laude
- New York
- District of Columbia
Meredith Barnett joined Klein Hornig in 2019 focusing her practice on a wide range of affordable housing and community development transactions. Meredith regularly represents private developers, investors and public housing authorities in complex mixed finance real estate transactions involving a wide variety of funding sources.
Prior to joining Klein Hornig, Meredith was an associate attorney at another law firm where she focused primarily on representing public housing authorities on real estate transactions involving CNI Grants, Low-Income Housing Tax Credits, HOME Funds, Municipal Bonds and Federal Housing Administration products.
- Represented a Virginia housing authority in RAD conversion to replace existing public housing units involving Low-Income Housing Tax Credits, Federal Home Loan Bank funds, CDBG funds, and National Housing Trust Fund funds
- Represented syndicated funds in transactions involving the syndication of Federal Low-Income Housing Tax Credits, State Low-Income Housing Tax Credits, Federal Historic Tax Credits, and State Historic Tax Credits.
- Assisted a local developer with a DMPED transaction involving New Market Tax Credits.
- Represented a housing authority in a RAD conversion to convert its portfolio of scattered sites that includes over 450 units
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association Forum on Affordable Housing and Development Law, Member