Howard University School of Law, JD, 2018
University of Southern California, 2015
- District of Columbia* *Admitted in Maryland only; I am practicing law in the District of Columbia under the supervision of a member of the District of Columbia Bar while my application for admission to the District of Columbia Bar is pending.
Christopher Azuoma joined Klein Hornig in October 2020 focusing his practice on a range of affordable housing transactions and community development matters including transactions involving federal and state tax credits.
Prior to joining Klein Hornig, Chris was an associate at a large DC law firm where he focused on real estate transactions leveraging New Markets Tax Credits. Chris regularly drafted core documents including operating agreements, fee agreements, loan agreements, federal law tax opinions and more.
- Represented developers in the acquisition, predevelopment, financing, and rehabilitation/construction of affordable housing projects using Low Income Housing Tax Credits, tax-exempt bond financing, commercial loans, and other state and Federal funding sources.
- Represented syndicated funds and direct investors in transactions involving the syndication of Low-Income Housing Tax Credits and New Market Tax Credits.
- Represented bridge loan funds in developing upper tier fund documents.
- American Bar Association, Member
- ABA Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law, Member